Just a head’s up. Janicki’s crews are doing a bunch of roadwork during the weekdays, so expect dump trucks and machinery on the 2000 road. We’ve signed and flagged Mullet, but be careful when you cross the road in the middle of the trail as they’ve recently graded that and are putting gravel down.
Brushing Help and Other projects:
There’s a bunch of projects that could use some assistance this summer. If you’re interested in helping with any of them, shoot me an email and we’ll discuss the goals and coordinate tool access, gate access, etc.
It’s that time of the year again. The nettles, sticker bushes and fire weed are starting to get uber tall and crowding in on the trails. With the amount of logging on the hill in recent years, that amount has greatly increased. If you’re getting sick of getting hit on the arms and would like to help clear one of your favorite trails, drop EB a line and we will coordinate weedeaters, etc. Ideally, two person crews work best where one person runs the weedeater and the other person rakes and clears drains as they move down the trail. Almost all trails need some level of brushing.
I know several folks have been out brushing already, but if you run into Phil Crews or James Waltman, but those guys a beer! James spent two days last week brushing Whoopsie Woodle top to bottom and Phil has been knocking out Kaya, Bunny and Art’s area for the past couple of weeks. Thanks gents!!
Some Dirt and re-route projects:
• Mullet jumps – these could use a fresh pass of dirt and some re-shaping. Also, we’d like the ride arounds to get some rollable pumpers that could give intermediate riders a little air time and make the exit section more fun for everyone.
• Upper Scorp Re-route – This is started and the corridor is cleared, but we want to tie it all in to the existing trail and then work down the trail to improve the overall flow of the trail.
• Upper Evo / Wonderland – We want to finish closing down the old Evo entrance, give the 2nd transition more dirt and finish the new Wonderland entrance.
• U- Line – hole filling in berms and some reshaping of a few jumps.
• Meth Lab re-route – this is close to done, but will need a pass to fix a few sections before we can officially open it up.
• Double Black Diamond re-routes – We’re working out the final details with the Larrabee rangers, but we’ve got approval for a fewroutes on Double Black to extend the trail and make it more sustainable. This will initially need some saw work for corridor clearing and then we’ll move on to dirt work. The goal is to keep this trail rugged, but eliminate the fall line sections.
Follow the schedule here as we are adding trail days for many of the TAP sponsors over the summer.
Cheers and hope to see you out on the trails!