Did you Know?
- The WMBC has already received approval from City Council for a pump track in Whatcom Falls Park!
- We will be proposing 2 more pump tracks in Bellingham City parks in 2017?
- The Whatcom Falls Pump Track will be 16,500 square feet (1/3 of an acre) in size.
- It will accommodate ALL levels of riding and have a separate pump track for groms and beginners.
- The pump track is being designed and co-built by Steve Wentz – one of the best pump track builders in the world – along with further design and testing input from pump track champion (and good friend), Jill Kintner.
- The Whatcom Falls pump track will cost an estimated $30,000 for the construction, storm water remediation, permitting, and signage. That is a fraction of what other similar-sized public pump tracks cost around the country.
The Whatcom Falls pump track and similar projects only take place because of the amazing volunteer efforts and the financial support of our members! It’s that passion and support that is turning Whatcom County into a mountain bike mecca and will further allow the WMBC to lead the way on future projects.
See you on the trails!
Trail Director, WMBC