Author Archives: barbarakarabin
Here’s how it works:
Register your bike here: https://project529.com/garage/organizations/bellinghampolicedepartment/landing
Provide the serial #, manufacture, model, frame color and accent color
If your bike gets stolen, you use the Project 529 app to notify local authority and others app holders to keep an eye out for the bike. Your description gives the police probable cause to question and seize your bike. It will also be easier to claim your bike if it is recovered by the police.
BRING YOUR BIKE INFO TO SHOOT THE TRAILS AND WE’LL DO IT FOR YOU!!
There are also free registrations Thursdays from 4pm to 6pm at the Bellingham Police Department (BPD) on 505 Grand Ave.
Statistics from the BPD
From 10/17/16 to 10/11/17 there were 282 reported bike thefts. 205 (73%) were reported without a serial number. 74 bikes (26%) were recovered after being stolen. There were 203 bikes found abandoned and impounded by the BPD. BPD was only able to return 30 of them based on looking up the serial number and finding the owners. The rest were donated or sent to auction.
We had a great night at Wander with great food and beer, fun people and great energy! Thank you to everyone who came out and participated in the ride and the raffle! Thank you Wander Brewing for hosting us and donating to the WMBC and thank you Cyclist Menu for thinking about our local non-profit, brewery and farms and bringing us all together.
Tour poster credit: @wild_on_tap
The WMBC Joyriders are hosting a month-long food drive called Mountains of Food starting August 15 and ending September 14 to benefit the Bellingham Food Bank. You may drop off donations at any participating bike shops.
The participating shops are Alleycat Bike Shop, Bellingham Cycle Works, Earl’s Bike Shop, Fairhaven Bicycles, Fanatik Bike Co., The Hub Community Bike Shop, Jack’s Bicycle Center, The Kona Bike Shop, Kulshan Cycles, Lenny’s Bike Shop, Mister Lost’s Mobile Bike Shop and Transition Bikes. While we will accept all non-perishable food donations, we are looking for high protein items such as nut butters, hearty canned soups, canned tuna, protein bars, shelf stable milk and cereal. Help us collect Mountains of Food!
We’ll cutting the ribbon on Wednesday, August 9th to officially open Bellingham’s first pump track!
Come on down, join in on the fun and pump the track with Professional DH mountain biker Jill Kintner.
Fanatik Bike will be bringing demo bikes for you to try and firing up the grill!
Hope to see you there!
Time: 5:30 pm to 8pm
There will be a build day at the Civic Field Dirt Jump Park this Saturday. Come out to throw some dirt around (they have hose so it’ll stick!) We’ll work form 9am till noon and then I’ll be grilling burgers and handing out drinks. Afterwards, a photographer from the WMBC JoyRiders will be there to take jumping shots of everyone for their food drive. Bring the bike, bring the kids and let’s ride and dig! Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re aaaaaaaaaalmost done. Please join us on Sunday to help finish putting up the last bit of fencing, haul some dirt and spread out some beauty bark. Build day starts at 10 am and we might wrap up around 3 or 4-ish.
Hi there bikers, runners and hikers!
Spring has sprung and it’s starting to get really busy again on Galbraith again. As such, we’d like to update you on the parking situations for both sides of the mountain so we can continue to be courteous to our fellow neighbors.
SAMISH WAY PARKING
- Blind Spots! Yikes!- Reminder that the north side of Samish Way is officially a No Parking zone, so the neighbors can safely exit onto Samish Way and so riders have a shoulder to safely get to/from the parking lot. Also, parking your car too close to the edge of the Samish Parking Lot completely blocks the view for people trying to exit from the lot.
- Four Legged Friends– Keep them on a leash until you reach the gate or as you exit the mountain and, as always, pick up their poop
- Watch your speed and your voices. Keep your language PG.
- Bathrooms– Closest bathrooms are at Lake Padden
- Parking– Avoid parking along Galbraith Lane.
THE DOLLAR LOT
- No Drop Off/Pick Up Activity due to its size. This creates congestion and traffic.
- Parking Allowed for: paying users, Mr. Lost Bike Shop customers and March Northwest clinics.
- Toilet- for paying users, Mr. Lost Bike Shop customers and March Northwest Clinics.
- Dollar Lot Rules–
o Keep driveway clear
o Pick up after your dog
o Please control your kids and dogs. (Children should be attended)
o Pack it in/ pack it out
o No bicycle skidding
o Park in marked areas only
o Drive slowly
o Have fun, be safe
- Stay up to date on the latest developments in The Dollar Lot: https://www.facebook.com/TheDollarLot/
NORTHSIDE ACCESS/BIRCH ST
- Four Legged Friends– Keep them on a leash and pick up their poop
- Watch your speed and your voices. Keep your language PG.
- Bathrooms– Closest bathrooms are at Whatcom Falls Park
- Parking– ample parking at Whatcom Falls Park. Avoid parking on the narrow road at the end of Back Door (Birch Falls Way). There are large construction trucks that need to get through that street.
Everyone was buzzing with excitement at the Joyrider Season Kick Off event. There were lots of awesome women and and loads of stoke. Looking forward to some fun after work rides with this crew. Here’s the link to the ride schedule : https://wmbcmtb.org/joyriders/
On Saturday, April 22nd, the WMBC Joyriders will be hosting their kick off party and fundraiser! After party will be at Kulshan Brewery on James St.!
Meet at the intersection of Rd 1000 and Rd 1100 near Last Call starting at 9:30am. Rides start at 10am and go until 12:30. Please carpool- park at Padden, pedal in, or be early to snag a good parking spot. Post ride beers and raffle at Kulshan on James St. Kulshan will donate $1. per pint to WMBC!
Facebook Event Info: https://www.facebook.com/events/1256597657720624/