We offer a positive, supportive place for women of ALL levels and disciplines of mountain biking. All rides are NO DROP rides! We ride cross-country, all-mountain and downhill.
We’ll kick off our 2017 season on April 22 with our annual Bike2Brew event at Galbraith Mountain / Kulshan Brewery. Then we’ll be leading casual pace, no-drop group rides twice a month, all summer long. All skill levels are welcome. None of the pressure, all of the fun — we ride for the JOY of it!
2017 Women’s Group Ride Schedule is up!
For ride events and signup, join the Bellingham Women’s Mountain Biking Facebook group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/110005862399512/
Galbraith Mountain Rides (May-Aug @ 6pm)
This is ladies’ night, and the feelin’s right, oh this is ladies’ night, come ride your bike!
Guided, NO DROP rides at a casual pace, led by IMBA ICP-certified guides. All levels of rider welcome! As needed, we split into groups by activity level + trail preference. We ride:
NORTH Side Rides -Intermediate level and up
Meet 6pm at Whatcom Falls Parking lot (off Electric near tennis courts)
- Tuesday May 2
- Thursday June 15
- Tuesday June 27
- Thursday Aug 10
- Tuesday Aug 22
SOUTH Side Rides – All levels, Beginner-friendly
Meet 6pm at Samish Way Lot, near Galbraith Lane
- Thursday May 18
- Tuesday May 30
- Thursday Jul 13
- Tuesday July 25
Our 2017 ride leaders are Zoae Spackman, Tanya Storm, Becca Margulies, Amanda Bryan, and Stephanie Ignel… with the occasional local bike celebrity appearance!
New WMBC JoyRider Tees and Hats!
We will be selling these snazzy tees and hats at our kickoff event. Proceeds go to the WMBC Joyriders, and also help support our trails – so get you one!
Take a closer look at our Trucker Hats here, and our Ride Bikes, Be Fabulous Tees here!
In the News!
Whatcom Talk Article on the WMBC JoyRider (click to view full article)
Southside Living Magazine Article (click to view full article)
WHO WE ARE:
The JoyRiders women’s mountain biking club is a joint undertaking by co-founders Tanya Storm and Zoae Spackman (two very busy moms!) Mountain biking brought them together, and continues to bring massive amounts of JOY to their lives.
They’ve teamed up with the WMBC to spread the JOY of biking to women across Bellingham… and beyond!
MISSION & PURPOSE:
- Offer a safe and supportive environment for female mountain bikers in our area
- Promote mountain biking to women, to encourage fitness and self-confidence
- Connect women with other compatible riders
- Help beginners break into the sport and be successful while having fun
- Encourage all rider levels to continuously improve their skills and fitness
- Protect our trails and environment
HOW WE DO IT:
- Lead twice-monthly rides May-Sept, on a predictable schedule
- Provide a Facebook Hub for ride signup and making rider connections (Join Here)
- Participate in volunteer trail maintenance and community bicycling advocacy
- Run an Instagram account to feature and promote female riders, trails, and the Bellingham bike scene. Tag #mtbjoy or @wmbc_joyriders for a feature!