We offer a positive, supportive place for women of ALL levels and disciplines of mountain biking. All rides are NO DROP rides! We ride cross-country, all-mountain and downhill.
None of the pressure, all of the fun — we ride for the JOY of it!
Spring 2019 Kickoff
Saturday, May 18th at 10 AM – 3 PM
Join us as we start our 2019 riding schedule! Meet at 10 am on Galbraith south side Last Call trail entrance for the 2019 kickoff ride.
To help us continue offering Joyriders women’s rides head over to: https://wmbcmtb.org/donate/ become a WMBC member, WMBC Accident Waiver and Release Liability Form (good for one year) and bring to your first ride with us for the 2019 season.
After party 1-4pm will be hosted by Kulshan Brewing Company on James st.
More details to come!
2019 Women’s Group Ride Schedule is up!
For ride events and signup, join the Bellingham Women’s Mountain Biking Facebook group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/110005862399512/
Tuesday Galbraith Mountain Rides (March-August @ 6pm – 8pm approximately)
This is ladies’ night, and the feelin’s right, oh this is ladies’ night, come ride your bike!
Guided, NO DROP rides at a casual pace, led by IMBA ICP-certified guides. All levels of rider welcome! As needed, we split into groups by activity level + trail preference. We ride:
NORTH Side Rides -Intermediate level and up
Meet 6pm at Whatcom Falls Parking lot (off Electric near tennis courts)
SOUTH Side Rides – All levels, Beginner-friendly
Meet 6pm at Samish Parking Lot, near Galbraith Lane
March 5th will be at the Bike Ranch (to celebrate Women’s Week, put on by Shifting Gears)
April 9th South side
April 23rd North side
May 14th South side
May 18th KICKOFF! 10am start, south side Galbraith. 1-4pm Kulshan on James ST
May 28th North side
June 11th south side
June 25th North side
July 9th South side
July 23rd North side
August 13th South side
August 27th North side
September 10th South side
Check us out on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/_joyriders_wmbc/
WMBC JoyRider Tees and Hats!
We will be selling these snazzy tees and hats at our kickoff event. Proceeds go to the WMBC Joyriders, and also help support our trails – so get you one!
Take a closer look at our Trucker Hats here, and our Ride Bikes, Be Fabulous Tees here!
In the News!
Whatcom Talk Article on the WMBC JoyRider (click to view full article)
Southside Living Magazine Article (click to view full article)
WHO WE ARE:
The JoyRiders women’s mountain biking club was founded by Tanya Storm and Zoae Spackman (two very busy moms!) 2018 ICP Certified Ride Leaders are Zoae Spackman, Michelle Holtorff, Meghan Baldwin and Molly Prentice
They’ve teamed up with the WMBC to spread the JOY of biking to women across Bellingham… and beyond!
MISSION & PURPOSE:
- Offer a safe and supportive environment for female mountain bikers in our area
- Promote mountain biking to women, to encourage fitness and self-confidence
- Connect women with other compatible riders
- Help beginners break into the sport and be successful while having fun
- Encourage all rider levels to continuously improve their skills and fitness
- Protect our trails and environment
HOW WE DO IT:
- Lead twice-monthly rides May-Sept, on a predictable schedule
- Provide a Facebook Hub for ride signup and making rider connections (Join Here)
- Participate in volunteer trail maintenance and community bicycling advocacy
- Run an Instagram account to feature and promote female riders, trails, and the Bellingham bike scene. Tag #mtbjoy or @wmbc_joyriders for a feature!