Galbraith Parking Fundraising Campaign
With the Galbraith Easements secured and access guaranteed forever, the WMBC has assembled an all-star team of professionals and we’ve been working hard on a new parking expansion design and implementation plan on Samish Way. Our goal is to greatly increase safety for all trail users (especially after-school bike clubs), road cyclists on Samish Way and drivers entering /exiting the parking lot.
We will be entering the permitting phase with intended construction to take place in September 2019. The estimated cost of the new parking lot is $285,000 and the WMBC and we NEED our members to step up and help us raise those funds.
A huge thank you to the Rotary Club of Bellingham for kickstarting our capital campaign for the parkng lot expansion with their extremely generous gift of $100,000!!
Donor Wall with engraved bricks being built by Construction by Champion.
- $1,000 – Gold Level: 12” x 12” Brick – 4 lines x 21 characters and your business logo
- $300 – Silver Level: 8” x 8” Brick – 4 lines x 16 characters of text
- $150 – Bronze Level: 4” x 8” Brick – 2 lines x 16 characters of text
Key Parking Lot Design Elements:
- 140 Parking stalls
- 10 x 19’ long stalls to accommodate longer vehicles and bike racks
- 2 Vault toilets
- Kiosk with maps and Information
- Crosswalk across Samish Way
- Access will be directly across from Galbraith Lane
- Trail access into Lake Padden Park
Our Team of professionals includes:
- Barry Dikeman – General Manager, RAM Construction
- JP Slagle – Civil Engineer, Freeland and Associates
- Jon Hansen – Geotechnical Engineer, Associated Earth Sciences
- Ed Miller and Liliana Hansen – Wetland Biologist, Miller Environmental
- Jed Sims and Jeremy Disch – Surveyors, Powertek Engineers
- Shane Kelling – Machine Operator, RAM Construction
- Chris Luna – Masonry Bathroom, Construction by Champion
- Kyle Salisbury – Vault Toilets and Concrete curb stops, Granite Pre-cast
- Mark Lee – Legal, Brownlie, Wolf and Lee
- Josh Neyman – Project Manager, Bellingham Parks and Recreation